- BTUs: 28,000
- Viewing Area: 33 3/8" W x 20 3/8" H
- Ignition Type- Reliable Millivolt standing pilot or gas-saving electronic pilotless ignition
- Venting Type- 4" x 7" Kingsman Flex OR Duravent 4" x 6 5/8" Rigid (With Adapter)
- Vent Location- Top At A 30 Degree Angle
- ETL and CSA Approved
- Warranty- Lifetime on the firebox, 1 year on most everything else
A gas direct vent fireplace is the most popular choice by both builders and homeowners for new construction or a remodel. These fireplaces burn efficiently enough to be a heat source but not too efficient to where the fire lacks realism. The term "direct vent refers to the pipe within the pipe venting system that allows the fireplace to be vented both vertically or horizontally (see the manual below for more specifics ). The firebox is a sealed combustion chamber that exhausts through fireplace places inner vent pipe while drawing in an equal amount of outside air for combustion through the outer pipe. You do not use any room air that you have already paid to heat to operate the appliance. These fireplaces can be installed into wood-framed cavities while being mindful of minimal clearances around the fireplace (see the appliance manual below). Accessories like remote controls, blowers, interior liners, and different fascias (on most models) make it possible to stylize the fireplace to your homes needs.